Choosing a Real Estate Agent
Choosing the right Real Estate Agent for you can make all the difference. It can be the difference between having an enjoyable & exciting experience, or a terrible one; the difference between finding the perfect home for you, or settling for something you're not happy with; or the difference between saving thousands of dollars, or making a bad investment you later regret. Please Contact Us if you have any questions or comments.
Here are some things to think about when considering a REALTOR®:
- You'll likely spend quite a few hours with your Real Estate Agent, so first and foremost, they should be someone who you can see spending that much time with, to help ensure an enjoyable experience.
- Do they seem knowledgeable & competent to you? How long have they been an agent? Are they full-time or part-time?
- Do they have a Buyer Package which clearly explains all their services? Not all Real Estate Agents are the same.
- Do they offer you a free home inspection? Agents want to be sure the home you buy isn't going to have any unexpected issues, and some will go so far as to offer to pay for your home inspection. If they do, can you still choose your desired Home Inspector?
- Do they have relationships in place to get you discounted rates with contractors, painters, electricians, plumbers, roofers, etc?
- Do they have the ability to get you commercial discounts on products like flooring, kitchens, paint, furniture, window coverings, appliances, etc?
- Do they offer any type of Satisfaction Guarantee? What if you don't like the home you buy? Will they sell it for you for free?
- Do they make use of a Buyer Representation Agreement? The Buyer Representation Agreement creates a legal responsibility for the REALTOR® to always act in your best interests, and keep your personal information confidential. It also signifies to the agent that you're committed to working exclusively with them, and in turn raises their commitment level to you - if an agent knows that you will only use them to buy a home, they won't have any reservations about spending days/weeks/months helping you. What if you're not happy with their services? Do they make it easy to cancel the agreement?