Why Use a Real Estate Agent?
Your home will likely be the greatest financial investment you'll ever make. With the help of an experienced Real Estate Agent, it can also be your wisest. Give yourself every opportunity to come out on top by working with a professional. Please Contact Us if you have any questions or comments.
Here are a few (of many) ways a REALTOR® can help:
- Real Estate Agents work closely with many mortgage brokers from different banks & brokerages. They're able to recommend mortgage agents who will work hard to get the best rate & product for your needs/situation.
- New homes come onto the market every single day, so unless you're also searching every day, you risk the possibility of missing out on the perfect house for you. The best homes/deals are often sold the same day they become available, and can even be sold before ever being advertised. Enlisting the help of a good Real Estate Agent to find your next home ensures you don't miss out on these opportunities, and can even save you thousands of dollars by negotiating an offer before ending up in a 'bidding war'.
- Once you've found your next home, your agent will prepare a Purchase Price Analysis / Market Evaluation so you can feel confident that you're not overpaying. Neighbourhood sales of similar homes, current market trends, and the history of the home will be included, as well as taking into consideration the home's condition, any layout flaws, or repairs needed.
- Sometimes, making a home into your 'dream home' will cost less than you think. A common mistake that buyers make is overestimating the cost of upgrades & repairs. Real Estate Agents are able to recommend reputable contractors, painters, roofers, etc., who will prepare fair quotes for work needed.
- Many real estate transactions include an extensive negotiating process. There can be a fine line between 'playing hardball', and insulting a seller - making negotiations difficult or even impossible. Ensure you get your next home for the best possible price by taking advantage of an agent's experience negotiating home purchases.
- Some Real Estate Agents have the ability to get you commercial discounts on products like flooring, kitchens, paint, furniture, window coverings, appliances, etc.