Why Use a REALTOR?
Your home will likely be the greatest financial investment you'll ever make; therefore, we strongly suggest enlisting the help of a REALTOR®. Using a good Realtor will get your home sold quicker and for more money, and save you from the headaches and potential legal pitfalls that can occur. Please Contact Us if you have any questions or comments.
Here are a few (of many) ways a REALTOR® can help:
- More than 92% of buyers are using the Internet to search for their next home. They're looking through hundreds of homes trying to pick out just a handful to go view in person, and your listing only has a couple of seconds to capture their attention before they move onto the next one. Good Realtors know how to best prepare & present your home for maximum effect, ensuring your home is not one of the ones overlooked. But getting the potential buyer in the door is just half the battle; once inside, they have to be able to envision themselves enjoying the space with family & friends. A well staged home will have a higher perceived value, and induce offers much quicker, resulting in more money in your pocket at the end of the day.
- Pricing your home too high or too low can be a very costly mistake for you. A Realtor will compare your home to similar homes that have sold in the past, similar homes that are on the market now, and similar homes that were unable to sell at all. By performing this Comparative Market Analysis, your Realtor will be able to advise you on what fair market value is for your home, and what price you should list it at for the best results.
- The more people that learn your home is for sale, the greater your chance of a 'bidding war', resulting in your home selling for more than market value, or at the very least, resulting in a quick offer before the listing becomes stale and the 'low-ball' offers start rolling in. This is where 'For Sale by Owner' companies and discount brokerages fall short. They may be able to take great photos, and you may be able to get away without staging your home, and price it well, but only through maximum advertising are you able to ensure the most number of people see your listing, greatly increasing your chance of multiple offers and selling your home for more than it's worth. Some of these companies may have great websites & social media sites, but completely ignore the real estate magazines as they're too expensive to utilize at a discounted commission; others may be able to place your listing on the public MLS site for potential buyers to view, but are unable to place it on our local real estate board's MLS system, resulting in local agents being unaware that your home is for sale. A good Realtor will utilize much more than just a standard MLS listing, greatly increasing your home's exposure. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of a good social media campaign or the reach of the real estate magazines.
- Not only will Realtors take care of all the paperwork for you, making sure the appropriate documents are signed on time and given to your lawyer, but they also know what should and shouldn't be in offers, potentially saving a deal from falling apart or losing thousands of dollars on it, or worse still – getting sued.
- Selling your home can be a stressful and emotional experience. Trying to negotiate price, closing date, chattels & fixtures, conditions, etc. while under stress or overly emotional can be difficult, and perfectly good deals can fall apart, or thousands of dollars could be 'left on the table'. Let the expertise of a Realtor ensure negotiations go smoothly and you get top dollar for your home.